Fall Free for All
Whitney-Audubon Retail & Arts District Presents Fall Free For All – A Taste of the Arts
Saturday, September 23, 12–4 p.m.
Interested in learning more about the wonderful classes, workshops, restaurants and shops you keep hearing about in the “Arts District” of New Haven? The Fall Free for All on Saturday, September 23 is a perfect time to check it all out! This festive family-friendly event features an array of FREE sample classes, live performances, face painting, demonstrations, and special food and shopping offers. FREE parking is available on September 23 for the first 100 cars at the Audubon Garage, 78 Audubon St., 11am-5pm (Enter from
Performances take place outside on Leeny Plaza, located in the middle of Audubon Street, which will be closed to traffic.
12:00-12:30 ACES ECA Music
12:30-1:00 ACES ECA Theatre
1:00-1:45 NMS Premier Jazz Ensemble
2:15-2:45 NMS Do So Dance Band
3:00-3:30 ACES ECA Dance
3:30-3:45 ACES ECA Visual Arts & Creative Writing
Classes and exhibits are listed below.
- Neighborhood Music School – 100 Audubon St: Enjoy the sounds of student & faculty such as the Premier Jazz Ensemble and NMS DoSo Dance Band. Experiment at the Instrument Discovery Zone where kids can hold and learn to play real instruments. Inside, try sample classes such as Dance, Early Childhood Music and Movement, Rounds Singing and more! Plus, receive a voucher for a free introductory lesson.
- Creative Arts Workshop – 80 Audubon St: Take a Pottery Sampler with Mike Bradford, a one-day introduction to studio pottery, 9-12pm. Bond together with structured group art activities for families in Play Dates, 2-4pm
- ACES Educational Center for the Arts – 55 Audubon St: ECA students showcase their talents with a variety of live performances. Prospective students can pick up information about applying to ECA.
- New Haven Museum – 114 Whitney Ave: FREE admission 12 – 6pm as part of “Museum Day Live!“, an annual celebration of boundless curiosity hosted by Smithsonian Magazine and held at participating museums across the nation. Check out the exhibit opening for Old School Ink: New Haven’s Tattoos, exploring the contributions made by New Haven tattoo artists to the aesthetics and industry of body art—regionally, nationally and internationally.
- New Haven Ballet – 70 Audubon St: Children ages 3-8 are welcome to take a trial placement class: Space limited. Please call to reserve a spot: 203-782-9038.
- The Ely Center of Contemporary Art – 51 Trumbull St: Maniac: Manic Episode 5,
exhibit curated by Kevin Daly. 1 – 4pm
Restaurants and merchants in the district will be exhibiting and providing free samples on Audubon Street too, including; Katalina’s Bakery, Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, Phone & Computer Repair Center, Gilden’s Jewelers, Phil’s Hair & Spa, Yale Social & Cognitive Development Lab and Yale-China Association.
EXTENDED Fall Free For All BONUS!
Free selected classes are available at Creative Arts Workshop from Sept. 18-23; Sign up for a free introductory lesson at Neighborhood Music School or try free selected classes from Sept. 18 – 29. Special food and shopping offers valid from September 18 – 30, 2017
This event is made possible with the support and cooperation of the following organizations:
Arts Council of Greater New Haven, Creative Arts Workshop, ACES Educational Center for the Arts, Neighborhood Music School, New Haven Ballet, Town Green Special Services District and
Yale University Properties/Whitney-Audubon Arts & Retail District.